January 22, 2017

New Art: Mechanique


Welcoming in the new year with my first painting of 2017: Mechanique (pronounced mek-uh-NEEK), done in watercolor, white gouache, colored ink, white gel pen, and mixed media elements on watercolor paper, 8x19 inches. Prints available: [link].

Not only is Mechanique my first painting of the year, but it's also my first piece where I've extensively used mixed media elements (view detail shots below). As an artist, I'm always wanting to try new techniques and push beyond the self-imposed boundaries of my art. In this case, I glued several paper clock faces to the painting with Mod Podge and used small dabs of silicon to attach the various metal filigree and gear components (I also painted a layer of Mod Podge over those to ensure they were good and stuck).

All in all, I had a lot of fun working on this piece and I'm very happy with the result, so you can expect to see more mixed media pieces from me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment